Allergic test - how to do it
If you have ever experienced an allergy (swelling, erythema, papules, burning, eczema, hives) to any cosmetic product, always before the first use, do an allergy test with a new cosmetic. The product has successfully passed dermatological tests on a selected group of people (sensitive, dry skin, during retinoid treatment), but each of us is different.
Remember: The term "hypoallergenic" is often a marketing gimmick. All ingredients may be a potential allergen.
Below we present how to properly perform the allergy test:
- Wash the skin on the inside of the forearm.
- Apply a small amount of the preparation (the size of a fingertip) for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash the product after 15 minutes.
- Do not apply any other cosmetics to the test area for 24 hours.
- Observe daily for the appearance of the application site: skin itching, swelling, erythema, itching, exudative papules, rash.
- Observe the skin for the next two days - in case of delayed allergic reaction.
If you do not notice any changes the next day, it means that the cosmetic is safe for you.